Ayurveda is one of the most ancient medical systems developed in India some 5,000 years back and since then it is being practiced in Asian and European countries.
Ayurveda as a system takes care of the well-being of mind, body and soul. Ayurveda, apart from providing various therapeutic measures for diseases, emphasizes on maintenance and promotion of health. It believes in the prevention of diseases through diet and lifestyle regimens. According to Ayurveda, the well-being of a person depends on the body (Sharir), senses (Indriyas), mind (Satwa) and spirit (Atma), which takes care of the mental, physical and spiritual health.
In today’s world, we mostly depend on junk or unhealthy food which impacts our health and digestive system badly. Therefore, Ayurvedic treatments and lifestyle routine are extremely beneficial for a healthy digestive system.
Here are five Ayurvedic digestion tips that one needs to follow for a healthy digestive system:
1) Eat Healthy: Our digestion system depends entirely on our eating habits – the food that we are eating and at what time we are eating it.
2) Meal Timing: In Ayurveda, it is believed that our digestive system gets highly influenced by the time at which we intake the food. It is advisable to eat at the same time everyday. Setting up a regular eating routine, sleep and wake cycle keeps the digestive system happy.
3) Avoid Food Incompatibilities: In Ayurveda, it is recommended to avoid eating incompatible food. Some food items when combined together can become harmful for the digestive system as they lead to the increased ama build-up.
4) Healthy Preparation of Food: Ayurveda for digestion believes that the preparation of food impacts the digestive system directly. It is advisable to cook food with a happy mood which will make your digestive system happy as well.
5) Other Habits to Follow for Mindful Eating:
Following these Ayurvedic diet and eating habits will keep your digestive system happy and working!