How Yoga is Beneficial in Curing Diseases?
Yoga is the best natural way of curing diseases. It is one of the oldest and most effective ways of treating various diseases and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Yoga consists of various physical and breathing exercises/poses which helps a person to cure diseases such as asthma, thyroid, migraine, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, depression, polycystic ovaries, heart problems and many more. The age-old method of yoga boasts an impressive plethora of physical benefits for people of all age groups and can be used as a therapy alongside conventional treatments for various diseases.
Here’s a list of the various diseases and the types of yoga poses that can be used to cure these diseases:
- Migraine: It is a chronic neurological disease which can lead to severe bouts of headaches and is one of the major diseases that most people suffer from nowadays. Yoga is one of the most natural ways of curing migraine. Migraine headaches are often caused due to lack of blood supply to the brain, hence, trying yoga poses like sirsasana (complete headstand) helps with curing migraine headaches immediately. Padmasana (lotus pose) also relaxes the mind and alleviates a migraine headache.
- Asthma: It is the long term inflammatory disease of the airways of the lungs which causes bouts of wheezing, coughing, chest tightness and shortness of breath. The sustainable cure for asthma lies in yoga. Getting adequate medical treatment and using inhalers can curb the symptoms of asthma, but for a long-term cure, yoga is the most sensible option. Performing breathing yoga poses such as pranayama and anulom-vilom on a daily basis can help in curing asthma.
- Diabetes: It is an incurable disease which affects a person’s metabolic system and makes the glucose level rise due to the body’s inadequate insulin production. In the condition of diabetes, a person feels extreme hunger and fatigue. Yoga can be quite beneficial in the case of diabetes, and even though yoga cannot cure diabetes, but yoga poses like the triangle pose helps to control the blood sugar levels.
- Depression: It is a psychological disease that makes a person gloomy, discouraged, hopeless, unmotivated, disinterested or bleak. Yoga methods are one of the most potent cures for depression and trying yoga poses like uttanasana, buddha konasana (bound angle pose), and sukhasana (easy pose) can help you move out of depression and will be helpful in alleviating mind from depressing thoughts.
- Arthritis: It is an incurable rheumatic condition in which a person experiences immense pain, stiffness and swelling in and around one or more joints. Yoga methods are the best ways to decrease the pain that comes along with arthritis. Trying yoga poses such as suryanamaskar and sishuasana (child pose) will help you straighten your vertebra, and adho mukha svanasana (downward facing dog pose) will improve your flexibility along with stretching your spine.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Disease (PCOS): It is one of the most common diseases found in women at the reproductive age. This disease is caused when a woman’s ovaries or adrenal glands produce more male hormones than normal. In this condition, women face irregular or no menstrual period, excess hair growth on the face and body, thinning scalp hair, acne and weight gain. Practicing yoga along with medical treatment is one of the best ways of curing this disease. Yoga poses like dhanurasana (bow pose) and bhujanasana (cobra pose) will help to galvanize reproductive organs and will activate ovarian functions.
Yoga has been proven effective in curing or preventing all the diseases. Yoga practitioners ensure cure for many common as well as chronic diseases that have raised due to the lethargic lifestyle nowadays. If you don’t like bitter pills for everything, then try the alternative natural cures mentioned above. Including yoga in your everyday routine can help you prevent most diseases along with leading a healthy lifestyle.